Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Exam

Two weeks ago the nursery class had their first minor exam for the first quarter. I never imagined 3-yr olds doing exams without mommies or daddies by their side. The two-hour waiting time outside their classroom while they were answering 50 or so items in their test papers felt like forever. When I asked her at home what they did in the class she just said "I color, and put lines and put circle." I kept telling myself that it was no big deal and there's no pressure, after all she's just in Nursery but deep inside I couldn't help but feel a little anxious at the same time excited for the results.

After a week, they were given. The first page of the exam showed her score of 20 out of 20. It was for the subject they call Reading which included the letters (circle the pictures that begin with letters ABC) and picture association and matching I couldn't contain my happiness when we got in the car. I kissed my baby and told her that she was very very very good.



The next page was about Math where she got perfect score again (15/15). It was about coloring the objects with their natural colors.


And then there's the exam for Writing. She didn't get a perfect score because she still couldn't write straight lines and follow the dots and trace broken lines properly. But it was perfectly OK for me. We're still practicing with her coloring and writing skills.

There was also the exam for the Language subject which was about polite expressions and actions. She got them all correct except that part about greetings where I think she got confused with the positions of the sun in 'good morning' and 'good afternoon'


Overall, her score was, for me, EXCELLENT. 90 out of 105 is no joke for a 3-yr old.

To our dear Gabbie, you did a really good job and mommy and daddy are so proud of you. And we love you and we will always be here to guide you and help you and... to us, you are the best, Anak.

No comments: