Friday, August 05, 2011

Bullied At School

As I have posted in my Facebook page, today my daughter went home from school with not only a star but also a sun and a moon on her arm. That is because she was bitten by a classmate who is known to be a "bully" in the class since day one.



Apparently, this is not just a simple bite. It even caused a little panic among the teachers because the boy wouldn't let go of Gabbie's arm easily, maybe due to too much "panggigigil".

The kids were reading books while waiting for the class to start. But this boy who was seated in front of Gabbie kept on grabbing her book. Gabbie went to the teacher's corner to get another one. The teacher gave her and then she walked back to her table but before she even reached her seat, the boy grabbed the book again and went to his chair and hid the book under the table. Gabbie tried to get it back but the boy bit her in the arm. It was so quick I didn't even see it. The only thing I saw was teacher rubbing Gabbie's arm like it was hurt. I thought it was just a little "kalmot" or such but a few minutes after, the teacher called me in and told me the story.

They were surprised that Gabbie did not cry at all. But the boy did (cry), maybe because they scolded him and he got really scared that I might scold him too. But of course I didn't. I just couldn't. They're kids. I just told him that what he did was not good and that he shouldn't do it again. Well, I'm not so sure if the boy understood or not. But I will definitely not let this pass without talking to the parent or guardian (or let the teachers do it) so that they can also do their part in disciplining their child.

4 comments:

got to believe said...

naku nakakaasar naman yan. you're cool... i salute you. kung ako super long letter siguro ako sa parent's ng little boy. hahaha.

got to believe said...

naku nakakaasar naman yan. you're cool... i salute you. kung ako super long letter siguro ako sa parent's ng little boy. hahaha.

irene said...

me too! i wouldnt let this pass. anything like this shouldnt happen again.

good luck to you! hope your little girl is okay

Rianne said...

oh my kawawa naman si Gabbie! i hope she is now okay and was not traumatized.

tama, you are so cool about it! galing! ;)