Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Do All Spiders Make Webs?

Now that she can read and she can read anything she sees in her books, the questiong goes on and on and on. The other night she was reading Discovery Works (a book about kids experimenting) and the next morning, when she learned that classes were cancelled, she opened another book which is a collection of short bedtime stories for kids. One story was about spiders. While my eyes were still closed and I was not in the mood yet to wake up, she asked, "Mommy, do all spiders make webs?" Thinking webs are the natural habitat of spiders, I said, without batting an eyelash, "Yes!"

She was quiet for a moment then said, "Eh why in my Discovery book, one of the spiders did not make a web?"

I knew I was in for a few more questionings but my sleepy self was still not in the mood for that so i just said, "Maybe it was sleepy or hungry." And then she went on reading the story.

Well I myself was not satisfied with my answer, but my poor little girl just accepted what I just said, probably because Im her mommy. I got up and opened Google in my iPad. A few clicks here and there and then I got the answer:



So I called her and told her I was wrong and that I was sorry.

Then she told me, "See? I told you! Nex time you ask your teacher about it again."

Haha. Im glad there's Google.

No comments: