Thursday, June 23, 2011

Slowly But Surely

In her nursery class, they do coloring everyday. During the first day, Gabbie was the first one to finish the seatwork, but she did not just color the apple, she colored almost the entire paper. At home I told her to not color outside of the picture, and we practiced with her coloring books. She was very careful not to color in the outside, but it took her a long time to finish an apple.

On the following days, I noticed that she was always the last one to finish the seatwork. When it was time to eat, she'd just join the class in praying then she'd go back to her table to finish her work while her classmates were already starting to eat. I talked to the teacher about it and she said that Gabbie is still slow in coloring and that she needs to develop more her motor skills. But she had a note in her book the other day that it is improving. Meaning, she'd no longer color in the outside but it made her do her work slow.



At home again I asked her why. Quoting her exact words, "Mommy, if I color faster, I will color in the outside." So that explains why.

When I looked at her seatworks, her scores are mostly perfect (9/10, 4/4, 6/6).



Slowly, but I think we're on the right track. My daughter is doing things slowly but surely now. She may not be the first to finish her job but she makes sure she's doing it right.

No comments: