Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another series of "Why's"

Gabbie was asking me why the pinky finger is small and different. And why the other fingers are also different from one another. I told her each finger has its own use, and maybe Jesus made it smaller so that there will be a baby finger, just like a baby boy and a baby girl. I was running out of explanations.

And then last night she had some follow up questions

"Mommy, why do you have that (pointing to my mole)?
I said "Jesus gave me that."
"Why did Jesus give you that?"
"So I will be beautiful and unique."
"Why do you want to be unique?"
"Because each person is unique, no one is the same as the others."
"Why are we different?"


There were also series of questions about the rain and the sun and the storm.

"Why does it rain?"
"Why do plants need water?"
"Why do they need to grow?"
"Why do we need to eat vegetables?"
"Why do we need to grow strong?"
"Why does the sun hide in the night?"
"What is a storm?"
"Why is there a storm? What is it for?"

And the list of questions go on and on until it was already time to sleep.

No comments: